Author Topic: Hot Street Tech Day  (Read 4626 times)

4speed

• View Profile
Hot Street Tech Day
« on: March 22, 2015, 07:16:42 PM »
Would like to get ideas from the hot street pullers on which Saturday in April would work to have the engines Tech-ed/pumped? I was thinking April 25th Starting around noon, It will not take but a few minutes per truck and then anyone wanting to go to expo to pull could do so and still be there in plenty of time for the pull.

We pumped 2 different engines (unofficially) this past weekend and it was within a half % on both and would repeat every time and only took seconds to do so. As far as the place to do this I have asked Bud Harman at the Little Fork (Sugar Grove) track if we could do it there and he agreed...plenty of room to unload and said we could even have use of his shop. ...So let me know what ya think and we will get this done. ..If its a nice day and want this done setting on the trailer that is fine..doesn't have to go to the shop..the shop is in case of bad weather or for those that prefer it be done indoors.

Also, this does not have to be limited to Hot Street trucks only, if you have a truck from street on up you can have it done if you so choose. There a couple of trucks from other classes that plan to come to have theirs done..even though it's not required at this time. Thanks-A

Ira Helmick

• View Profile
Re: Hot Street Tech Day
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 04:55:19 PM »
  Just thinking if possible to have tech day before the pull on april 18 at bud's .a lot of the truck will already be there for the pull ,that way we don't have to go back the next weekend before expo pull. thanks Ira

4speed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 05:05:20 PM »
I would have to check with Bud to see if that would suit him...I think he would rather not do it on a pull day but I will check. May not matter if we could do it a few hours before the pull..IDK but I'll check and get back-A

sawdust

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 05:22:46 PM »
I kinda agree with Ira and I can't make it on the 25th anyway.I don't see why Bud would care either way.His only involvement would be supplying the property.I hope I have a motor to even be checked by then.There needs to be some more input on this so speak up.

4speed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 06:03:45 PM »
I talked to Bud and Gene just now....Bud said whatever we want to do will be fine with him. But Gene can not be there on the 18th or the 25th...so Gene said it would suit him to do it on the May 9th Pull at Bud's before pull time. Bud said he is planning to start these spring pulls around 2:00. I think if we get there and get started around 10:30-11:00 we will have plenty of time. Let me know if this works for you guys.....

sawdust..I'm in the same boat...not sure my motor will be done..probably be putting it in on May 29th.. ;D....If someone cant make it , don't panic we will catch it at another day and time. I just don't want Gene to have to do 10 trucks at a pull that he didn't even know were coming, and I dont want a situation where he's having to do a few trucks at the first 3-5 pulls if there are some that can be done and out of the way. No matter we'll work it out. Let me know-A

4speed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 06:11:49 PM »
Also, don't assume Gene will be at every pull with puffer in hand...Gene may not get to every pull so that's why I'm trying to schedule this, instead of doing it sporadically. Thanks-A

daveahllzx6r

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 02:58:56 AM »
May 9 suits better for us too. That way we don't tow from Staunton to Sugar Grove just to go back to Staunton

still trying

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 04:50:31 PM »
It appears that the May 9 tech day for Hot Street will not be at Sugar Grove, will I be doing it at the test and tune that same day?